To Be Tracked, Or Not To Be Tracked: Part I, Apple iOS 14.5更新
许多重大变化即将到来. With Apple’s most recent iPhone operating system update of iOS 14.5, as well as Google Chrome removing third-party cookies in 2022, 数字营销人员定位目标的方式, 应用程序和网站收集和共享数据的方式, and the methods used to attribute success is all changing drastically.
These rollouts imply a very different way digital marketers will advertise and attribute performance. 那么，对于数字营销人员来说，好消息是什么呢? 我们仍处于这些变化的早期阶段. 如果你采取行动 现在，你可以提前做好准备.
iOS 14.5 – 它是什么?
iOS 14.5更新, scheduled for some time in April/May (has not been released yet) is Apple’s way of helping consumers understand what data is being collected from the apps they download, 并给他们提供退出的机会, 或调整, 这些数据收集设置. This includes giving the app access to the phone’s unique identifier, 也被称为广告商标识符(IDFA). Without this, apps are unable to access the phone’s ID, as well as other 3rd party data that connects them to their network of apps. While this data security feature has always been available to consumers, this new update will make it much easier for users to understand and will require users to opt-in, 即使他们过去已经这么做了.
这还不是100%清楚. 此更新仅适用于iOS设备(iphone). You’ll have to download the most recent update 14.5. It is not easy to estimate how many people this will affect – however, eMarketer and other industry sources have indicated that this will be a pretty slow rollout.
– With fewer users opting-in to sharing their data with apps, inevitably this will shrink the network of apps pulling in data and tracing it back to users. 目标受众群体将不可避免地萎缩. Scalability will be the biggest challenge and targeting may need to be broadened for proper inventory.
– Cross-Device targeting will pose as a challenge, as it will be impossible to trace a user being served an ad on multiple apps if the phone ID is not collected
– Retargeting will be affected to a degree, but to what degree is still unk现在n. For example: if a user visits your website on Safari but Safari isn’t sharing your data with the Facebook app, 通过Facebook重新定位是不可能的.
-归因将是具有挑战性的捕捉, 从验证的胜利, 对app-install, 到多转换跟踪网站.
-定位可能会更有限. Users have the ability to not show apps their current location, or, 现在 a new feature that tells the app an idea of where a user is. For example: 现在 an app may not k现在 a user’s location down to their street address, but they’ll k现在 that they are in a particular town.
iOS 14.5 -我们能做什么?
While this affects channels beyond Facebook and Google, these channels are certainly gearing up for the update and have already supplied a few key areas of focus in preparation for the changes.
– Verify your domains – verifying your business domain associates your Facebook Ad pixel ID with your business domain. This will ensure no immediate or future disruption to your ability to configure and measure conversion events.
– Facebook has created “Aggregated Event Measurement”, which is a protocol that allows for measurement of up to 8 conversion events from iOS 14 users (examples include: purchases, 添加到购物车, 查看一个产品, 等.). 广告商可以设置并跟踪转换率, as well as rank them for Facebook’s algorithm to use for conversion optimization.
-实现Facebook的转换API, which will allow advertisers to send web events from their servers directly into the Facebook platform.
-分析你的活动-重新定位, 观众网络, and lookalike audiences are all expected to shrink and performance is expected to decline due to the effectiveness of personalized advertising. Compare based on previous campaigns, and consider broadening your targets.
– Rely more on first-party data collection – if you don’t already, begin collecting data directly from your audience and your customers. This can be done through your website, app, email lists, social media, or other first-party avenues. You can upload this data directly into Facebook and create both retargeting lists as well as audience lookalike lists.
– Google has a significantly more diversified ad network that relies less on mobile ad revenue (unlike Facebook, 移动广告收益超过90%). Because of this, Google is less impacted but still advertisers should be prepared. While Google Search ad performance should not be affected, 谷歌显示网络, and YouTube campaigns using audience-based targeting will see a data loss and therefore a performance decline.
It’s important to recognize that while these changes will affect future campaigns, mobile advertising alone still makes up 40% of ad revenue. And over the next few years, this is expected to increase to 50%. 数字 media advertising will still be considered one of the strongest ways to reach and engage with your audience.
As additional details continue to roll out we will update this blog. To learn more about how we can help market your business, please 今天竞博JBO官网app下载.