Gith allows you to share data (mails, chat conversations, documents...) and guarantees :
- That your data will only be available and readable by their recipient
- That the received data from you and your contacts wil be protected on your hard drives
- That our server will never have access to your communication contents
Protecting your computerThe protection of your digital data starts by protecting your computer / smartphone.
If anyone can steal your device or install a malware on your computer to access your data, protecting your communications is useless.
To achieve this goal, we :
- use ciphered containers on your disk to secure your data
- encrypt all your emails, files, conversation histories on those containers
- cleanup your device memory after use
- wipe temporary files, after opening a secured document
Protecting your communicationsGith uses an asymetric crypto system. Transferred data is ciphered using the public key of their recipient.
- The recipient only has the key to access the contents
- Our servers simply transmit your messages, without being able to read the contents
- All data transferred on the network is ciphered (file names, mail subjects, ...)
- Your username and your contacts' one are hidden
Your Secured CloudKeeping its digital data always available, every time is a major feature of the Cloud. However, you must have a complete trust on the company hosting the service.
Is my data secured ? Who can really access it ? What happens in case of intrusion ? Where will it be in 10 years ?
To answer all those questions, we have chosen a simple answer : you simply don't need to trust us !
- Your data is stored in your Cloud (emails, documents) and ciphered with your own key on your machine before transfert
- You only have the key giving access to the contents (RSA 2048)
- All data is stored on our own servers, in France (no third party Cloud service provider)
- In case of server intrusion, the hacker will only find encrypted data and no keys
Protecting your keyYour RSA 2048 private key is generated on your computer during your account creation, it is never transmitted to our servers and will never leave your machine.
- You backup your key by printing a QRCode on the last step of the account creation.
- In case of need (system crash, robbery), you simply need to scan the code from Gith with your webcam to recover it !
- The password given during account creation is used to encrypt your key on the hard disk and gives access to your account.
- We don't have your key, we don't have your password : we will never access your data !
Contacts managementGith gives you the ability to define precisely with whom you're in contact and what informations are available to the other users.
- Your initial contact list is empty : no-one can bother your
- To add a new contact, you must first send a contact request : no fishing !
- Our servers will check for every communication that both users have accepted the other party : no SPAM !
- You can choose to leave your Gith profile empty : you can be anonymous
- You can choose to be on our red list : only your validated contacts will have access to your profile
- Your contact list is stored ciphered on your disk : even if your device is stolen or infected by a malware, your contacts will stay anonymous
Software integrityTo guarantee the best possible security for our systems, we have chosen to be fully independent :
- We use very few external libraries and those appear only in "non-critical" parts of the software (graphical libraries, etc.)
- We have our own cryptographic libraries, developed by us
- We do not respect any "NIST" standards
- We do not use contractors, everything is developed in France, by our expert teams